[ESIP-all] Charles Falkenberg Award-More Information

Dave Jones dave at stormcenter.com
Thu Sep 11 09:40:27 EDT 2003

Dear ESIP Members and Friends-

Yesterday, I sent out a note asking for your support to the Charles
Falkenberg award. I neglected to tell you what the award recognizes.
Please see below a description of the award. Thank you and may all of us
find comfort and solace as we remember and honor those people who died
two years ago today.
Established in 2001, the Charles S. Falkenberg Award is presented to
young scientists who have made not only an original contribution to the
field of Earth science but have also strived to achieve significant
public awareness of the importance of understanding our planet.
Charles Falkenberg dedicated his career to the Earth and environmental
sciences. Trained as a computer scientist, Charles focused on enabling
practical applications of Earth Science through visualization and
information technology. This Award is dedicated to his memory in the
hope of fostering understanding, cooperation, and resolve.
For more information, see http://esipfed.org/donation.jsp
Regards,
Dave

Dave Jones
President & CEO
StormCenter Communications, Inc.
Columbia Corporate Park 100
6021 University Blvd., Suite 140
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Phone: 410-203-1316
Fax: 410-203-9341 (B&W or Color)
Website:  <http://www.stormcenter.com/> stormcenter.com

A Global Environmental Monitoring & Communications Company

President, Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
ESIP Federation
 <http://www.esipfed.org/> http://www.esipfed.org

This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this
transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential information and
is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the
intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this
E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in
legal action against you. Please reply to the sender advising of the
error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any
accompanying documents.  Thank you.