[ESIP-all] Federation Data Systems Information Request

Francis Lindsay flindsay at hq.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 17 15:35:16 EST 2003

Hello to all,

This is a follow up email request to one sent in mid-September asking
for your help in pulling together the data and information system
'story' of the Federation.  As you may remember we are putting
together a package of materials to be used for revealing the
contributions of the ESIP Federation, through its members and other
partners, in adding to and improving current data and information
systems used in Earth science research, education and applications.

I have to date received some feedback from a handful of partners so I
am asking once again to assure that I gather the broadest and most
comprehensive set of examples possible.  To make the organization of
any examples you feel would help I attached a single powerpoint slide
that uses four quadrants to describe your activity - feel free to
modify this to suit your needs.  Some have sent back questions
regarding what kind of information is appropriate for this exercise.
The simple answer is any that help us show how the Federation is
facilitating the 'flow' of data and information among and between
users, producers, partners, etc.  Your project may not be 'building'
some facet of a data system but it may be helping in other ways to
connect users to data and information - this is also a great story to
tell.

If you have any questions please feel free to email or call me.  We
are hoping to have a package together shortly after the Thanksgiving
holiday.

best, and thanks,

Frank
--