[ESIP-all] Request for input into DLESE (Digital Library for Earth System Education) effort to assure library quality

Tamara Ledley tamara_ledley at terc.edu
Mon Aug 9 12:51:08 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,
      I wanted to make you aware of an effort that is underway and request
your participation.  DLESE (Digital Library for Earth System Education) is
deeply involved in defining itself in terms of what its content is and how
to ensure its quality.  Toward this effort there are 6 task forces that are
being formed to address various components of this issue.  There is a great
need for community wide input and the ESIP Federation represents a broad
range of that community, which includes scientists, technolists and users
of Earth science data and knowledge.  I encourage each of you to consider
participating in one of the task forces listed below and to contact Michele
Hall (hall at scieds.com) or Annette deCharon (adecharon at bigelow.org) to
inform them of that interest.  You can also contact me if you have more
questions.  Your input is very important.
Thanks
Tamara

---------------------- Forwarded by Tamara Ledley/CESSE/TERC on 08/09/2004