[ESIP-all] ESIP Federation Meeting

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Tue Dec 14 02:08:37 EST 2004

The Federation's winter meeting is shaping up to be one of our strongest
meetings ever.  The meeting is scheduled for January 4-6, 2005 at the
Renaissance Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC. We are offering 4 strong
technical tracks and 1 robust non-technical track to engage attendees in
advancing the Federation and our community's assets.    Different from
previous meetings, this event invites all attendees to roll-up their sleeves
and get involved in one of 4 technical tracks:

Data Access - Client/Server Implementations/Applications

Data Access - Transport Protocols

Data Discovery at the Inventory Level

Web and Grid Services

We are looking for your contributions to solving community-wide
interoperability problems.  In addition, there will be a series of
non-technical breakouts that examine how the Federation can support the
implementation of data usage by new communities.  In addition to the 2
distinct tracks, we again will offer the Opportunity Fair and a companion
Technical Poster Session.  Join us in Washington to be part of these
opportunities to advance the community and network with your peers.

To register for this meeting, click here
<http://www.cmiregistration.com/user/org/category.jxp?org=487>  and click on
the Register Now link.  Registration for this meeting is $195 and includes a
daily continental breakfast and lunch.

To make your hotel reservation, click here
<http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/wassh> .  Use the following Group
Code ESIESIA to secure the $149/night conference rate.  You must book your
room by December 20, 2004 to guarantee the conference rate.

Visit the registration system Document
<http://www.cmiregistration.com/user/org/category.jxp?org=487&id=12875>
Center to download full meeting information, the Opportunity Fair overview
and Opportunity Fair ad form.  For your convenience, I'm attaching the
meeting information to this message.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the number
below.  Hope you can join us in Washington in January

Carol

Carol B. Meyer

Deputy Executive Director

Foundation for Earth Science