[ESIP-all] FW: NOAA Data and Information Users Workshop

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Tue Apr 12 17:33:53 EDT 2005

Ben Watkins asked that I forward the following message:

Dear NOAA Data and Information User:

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is pleased to
announce we are now accepting registration for the 2005 NOAA Data and
Information Users' Workshop to be held May 11-13, 2005 in Asheville, NC.  In
addition, you may register for a room at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel at
a special reduced rate if you do so by April 18.

The theme for our Workshop is "User Requirements for NOAA's Data and
Information," and our goals are to:
O Describe NOAA's plans for new information, products, and services.
O Establish a closer working relationship with users of NOAA's data and
products.
O Use that relationship to obtain feedback on the:
   - Utility of NOAA data supplied to users
   - Capabilities of existing NOAA interfaces
   - Requirements for new products and technologies to access and utilize
data
   - Measurement of NOAA's impacts upon society.

To obtain additional information and to register, please access our web page
at:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/usrswkshp/

Online workshop registration is available, or you may download and complete
the registration form and return it with a check or money order to the
indicated address. Hotel room registration may be accomplished online, or by
contacting the hotel directly.  To receive the reduced rates, please
register using the group code or group name provided on our web page.
Additional travel information is available in the General Logistics file on
our web page.

A reception is planned for Wednesday evening (May 11) and dinner on May 12.
Post workshop tours of the National Climatic Data Center and the Climate and
Weather Museum are planned the afternoon of May 13.  Please indicate on your
registration if you plan to attend these functions.  In addition, we ask
conference attendees to choose a Breakout Session based upon your prevailing
interest or discipline (climate, weather, geophysical, or oceans).

Please share this information with other data users who may be interested in
attending.  We look forward to meeting you in Asheville and your sharing
insights and suggestions with us.