[ESIP-all] FW: JOB at NCDC - NSDIS-NCDC-2005-0034
Carol B. Meyer
carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Fri Sep 16 12:48:03 EDT 2005
NOAA/NESDIS/National Climatic Data Center
The National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), part of the National Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Service (NESDIS) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is filling a Physical Science Administrator/ZP-1301-V (equivalent to GS-15) position in Asheville, North Carolina. The NCDC conducts extensive climate-based activities, including the collection, quality control, preservation and dissemination of in situ and remotely sensed environmental data.
NCDC is seeking a Program Manager for NOAA’s Scientific Data Stewardship Program (SDS). The SDS program is within NOAA’s Climate Goal and is responsible for conducting observing system performance monitoring and generation of climate data records using NOAA’s operational satellites. Specific duties will include:
* Overall direction, planning, coordinating, and implementation of the SDS Program to meet the NOAA, NESDIS and NCDC mission and the NOAA Climate Goal; coordination of research and data management activities at the regional, national and international scales to address specific climatological problems; establishes SDS Program priorities and coordinates activities within the NCDC, NOAA, and other government agencies.
* Coordination and planning of the NCDC’s SDS development efforts that satisfy a wide range of user requirements for climate information; this will require the ability to understand and implement various policy and guidance directives.
* Establishment of SDS budget; responsible for adherence to the available funding; monitors and evaluates program goals, objectives, and progress.
* Keeping abreast of climate activities and advances in data management technologies.
* Accomplishing a full range of management duties through various supervisors and assuring that the Diversity and EEO program objectives are communicated to all employees.
Position is open to any U.S. citizen. Applications must be submitted via the on-line Automated Commerce Employment System: http://www.jobs.doc.gov. Vacancy announcement number is NSDIS-NCDC-2005‑0034 and will close 10/17/05. Point of contact is Sharon Turner (757-441-3837).
Dr. John J. Bates
Chief, Remote Sensing Applications Division
National Climatic Data Center, NOAA NESDIS
151 Patton Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801-5001 USA
(828) 271-4378 (voice)
(828) 271-4328 (fax)
John.J.Bates at noaa.gov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all