[ESIP-all] Data Quality Summit at Federation Meeting

Robert G Raskin Robert.G.Raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 30 06:01:40 EDT 2006

A Data Quality summit will be held at the Summer ESIP Meeting.  This Workshop is intended for scientists, decision makers, and other end users interested in establishing data quality standards relevant to their communities for the Earth Information Exchange (EIE).  At this all-day session, we will break-out by user community to enable each application to define its own definitions and minimum standards of quality.  Using these standards, Federation data providers can articulate the appropriateness of their products for specific end uses (and third-parties can provide feedback on the providers' claims).

At this Workshop we anticipate parallel break-outs for: long-term climate detection (climate data records), Cluster application areas, general science research, education, etc.    The summit will run from 9:30am - 6pm as part of the Technical Workshops on Tuesday July 18.  The first hour will be a common session to catalog the various quality measures to consider.  All are welcome to attend and no special registration is required beyond the ESIP Meeting registration.

-Rob
(818) 354-4228