[ESIP-all] Earth Observation Information for the Shennandoah River

don Atwood datwood at asf.alaska.edu
Tue Jun 6 19:23:26 EDT 2006

All

I would like to offer up synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data as a possible
tool for exploring the Shenandoah. SAR has been long used to monitor
flooding, independent of cloud cover.

Attached is an image that depicts how texture analysis can be used to
clearly delineate water regions. This kind of characterization might be of
use in monitoring the changing Shenandoah. If you see a potential benefit,
let me know. The Alaska Satellite Facility would be happy to assist in this
project.

Regards,

Don

Don Atwood, Ph.D.