[ESIP-all] GOES/GOES-R User Input Opportunity

Dick Wertz dick.wertz at earthsciencefoundation.org
Wed Jun 14 11:41:12 EDT 2006

All
    Tom Karl at NCDC has asked the Federation to assist in generating comments and recommendations from users about the utility of data coming from the current GOES satellite system and the expectations for data that is expected to come from the GOES-R satellite system.  To this end, we will be working with Sharon Bard of the Centrec Consulting Group to identify ESIP members who would like to have input into an analysis of the social and economic benefits of GOES and GOES-R data.  See the attached for a more complete description of the project. If you use GOES data or plan to use GOES-R data, request that you contact Sharon skb at centrec.com or (217) 352.1190 and make arrangements for an interview.  Please cc me so that I know who has responded - we may want to organize a follow-up focus group session.  Thanks for your help!

                                                                        Best regards, Dick
Richard C. Wertz, Executive Director
Foundation for Earth Science
3839 Calmes Neck Lane