[ESIP-all] Last Call for Early Meeting and Hotel Registration Savings

Dick Wertz dick.wertz at earthsciencefoundation.org
Wed Dec 6 09:50:25 EST 2006

EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED until Friday, December 8!

 We have extended the Early Registration deadline for the upcoming Winter ESIP Federation meeting until December 8, 2006. Join us at this winter's meeting, Matching Near-Term Opportunities with Solutions, as it is a hands-on opportunity for you to offer your organization's technologies to the problems faced by environmental decision makers.  Our on-going clusters (Air Quality, Water Management, etc.) have identified several areas they would like to work in and are looking to be matched with technology solutions.  We have confirmed speakers from:

·         the National Science Foundation and

·         the Joint Global Change Research Institute.

Further, we will be showing off new demos that bring technology to bear on cluster-identified problems.  We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to become reacquainted with your Federation partners through our virtual poster session.  For more details on the poster session, including a suggested template for your virtual poster, please visit  http://www.esipfed.org/events/ESIPTemplate_Winter07.ppt.  Posters can be submitted by any ESIP Partner, regardless of whether they can attend the meeting.

 Full meeting information can be found at www.esipfed.org/events.

 Important Dates to Remember:

 Registration (Register online at www.regonline.com/107196)

$250/members, if paid by December 8, 2006 ($325 after December 8)

$325/non-members, if paid by December 8, 2006 ($400 after December 8)

 Accommodations (Embassy Suites Downtown Portland (http://www.embassyportland.com/ or 800-362-2779)

$98/night, plus tax (use code ESI to get conference rate)

The conference rate is available 3 days pre- and post-meeting

Deadline for reserving a room is December 16, 2006

 Richard C. Wertz, Executive Director
Foundation for Earth Science
3839 Calmes Neck Lane
Boyce, Virginia 22620