[ESIP-all] 2nd Call for Sessions, ESIP Federation Summer Meeting - July 17-20, 2007

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Wed Apr 25 15:38:24 EDT 2007

The 2007 Summer ESIP Federation Technical Meeting will be held in
Madison, Wisconsin July 17-20, 2007.  The meeting is being hosted by
ESIP Partners at the Space Science and Engineering Center at the
University of Wisconsin.  Please note that there is a slight revision to
the dates of this meeting because of add-on Technical Workshops on July
17.  Full meeting information can be found at www.esipfed.org/events,
with links to preliminary agenda information now posted.

We are asking for your best ideas for sessions on Thursday, July 19.
Anything goes in terms of topics - just be prepared to lead a discussion
rather than give a presentation (no LCDs are allowed in the breakout
rooms!).  We expect this structure to lead to greater interaction among
meeting attendees.  We are departing from past meeting structures to
allow for more partner input into the meeting.  The attached Call for
Sessions document outlines how the day will run, what to expect and how
you propose a session for the program.  We think this structure will
give meeting attendees access to ideas and issues that they care most
about.  Visit the ESIP Federation wiki
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Session_Topics_Proposal_Page>  to
keep informed about what is being proposed or to propose a session
yourself.  Feel free to sign up for any sessions that interest you.

Please feel free to direct any questions to my attention or to Karl
Benedict (kbene at edac.unm.ed, Technical Workshops) or Bruce Caron
(bruce at tnms.org, Open Meeting Questions).  I look forward to seeing you
in Madison.

Carol Meyer