[ESIP-all] Web Services Cluster telecons

Brian D. Wilson Brian.Wilson at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 26 14:03:11 EDT 2007

Hello All,

The Web Services Cluster will resume bi-weekly telecons starting on
Monday May 7 at noon EST (9 AM PST).

(If you would like to suggest an alternative time, please contact me.)

The purposes of the telecons are to examine the Use Cases being collected
on the ESIP Fed. wiki, solicit more use cases from groups that may be
working on SOA or Semantic demos, and discuss what demos will or could
be ready for the ESIP Fed. meeting in July.

If you have a Use Case or are working on a demo, please join the telecons.
We will use the wiki to collaborate on SOA scenarios and track progress
on the demos.

Please take a look at the current Use Cases on the wiki at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Use_Cases and/or add some more.

Currently, many of the Use Cases don't contain sufficient detail to be
'actionable'.  One goal of the Cluster effort will be to collect more
details from the Use Case authors so that they are actionable, meaning
that WS, SOA, and Semantic technologists could begin to implement the
Use Cases (by leveraging existing interest & resources, and deepening
collaborations).

Telecon Agenda:
0) Discuss the telecon time.
1) Discuss the Use Cases already on the wiki.
2) Solicit more collaborations.
3) Begin planning demos for July.
4) Whip up the volunteer SOA and Semantic army.

If there is a parallel activity going on in the Semantics Cluster
telecons, we will coordinate the two efforts.

ACCESS (Dial-In) NUMBERS:
866-325-0587 (Toll-free North America)
2053540145 (International)
MEETING NUMBER: *2361171*

Talk to you Monday, May 7,

  -- Brian

  Brian D. Wilson                   |  Jet Propulsion Laboratory
  Tel:    (818) 354-2790            |  California Institute of Technology
  Fax:    (818) 393-5115            |  M/S 138-308
  Email:  Brian.Wilson at jpl.nasa.gov |  4800 Oak Grove Drive
  http://iono.jpl.nasa.gov          |  Pasadena, CA 91109-8099