[ESIP-all] Call for Sessions for ESIP Federation Summer Meeting

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Mon May 7 10:52:08 EDT 2007

Planning for the ESIP Federation Summer meeting is well underway.  I
have heard a lot of good feedback on the structure we've set forth for
the meeting and are excited about the many opportunities for learning
and interaction that will take place.

We have listened to your suggestions on how to improve our meetings.  A
major change this meeting is a full day devoted to attendee-led breakout
sessions on topics of your choosing.  These sessions can be technical,
policy, cluster, problem solving, brainstorming in nature and are
intended to maximize discussion by those participating.  I am please
with the response thus far and look forward to the formalization of the
many more I've heard about.  I want you to know that a topic of interest
to you is likely of interest to others - no matter how small (or large).
We welcome you to use the ESIP Federation meeting as a forum to explore
such topics.

Proposing your idea is very easy.  An overview of  the process is found
at http://wiki.esipfed.org/images/3/3d/Call_for_Sessions.pdf.  Sessions
can be proposed at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Session_Topics_Proposal_Page.  We
expect to have the proposed sessions in place by June 1.  Don't delay or
you may miss the opportunity to have your session at the meeting.  Space
is limited.

General meeting information can be found at www.esipfed.org/events.

If you have questions, please feel free to give me a call at
877-870-3747.

Carol Meyer