[ESIP-all] Call for Sessions - ESIP Federation Summer Meeting (July 15-18 at UNH)

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Tue Apr 1 09:02:10 EDT 2008

Call
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/images/d/d6/Call_for_Sessions_Summer_08_v2.pdf>
for Sessions:  2008 Summer ESIP Federation Meeting, July 16-18, 2008

We invite all members of the ESIP Federation community to submit
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/July_16-18,_2008,_ESIP_Federation_Mee
ting,_Durham,_NH#Open_Meeting_Sessions_.28July_17.2C_2008.29>  session
topics for this summer's ESIP Federation meeting at the University of
New Hampshire, July 15-18, 2008. We are looking forward to building on
the success of last summer's member-driven forums.  In an attempt to
bring more of what you want to these meetings, we will devote a full day
to breakout sessions that reflect what you wish to present.  This day
(July 17) will be all about collaboration, cooperation, creation, and
discussion.  The call for sessions will run through May 31, 2008.
Session slots are limited to one hour (though, may be extended) and will
be awarded based on the interest shown by your colleague's intent to
attend.

In the truest sense, the Breakout Day goes back to the roots of what the
ESIP Federation's creators envisioned.  The breakouts are in effect
Clusters, loose groupings of people interested in a common topic.  The
sessions and are intended to be working forums, where a well-defined
topic of interest is considered.  The sessions might include:

*	technical problems
*	policy issues
*	inter-agency dialogue
*	web services chain building
*	issue area cluster meetings
*	proposal writing
*	collaboration finder
*	general interest meetings aimed at forming a new cluster
activity

Role of session leader:
*         facilitate discussion among all participants
*         provide background information and overview of session, its
goals and objectives
*         recruit participants and other key human resources to ensure
session's success
*         market your session both pre-meeting and during meeting
*         select a session recorder and post information to session's
wiki page
*         participate in reporting-out sessions after the morning and
afternoon series
*         provide your contact details on the wiki (include
organization, phone and email)

Ground rules for sessions:
*	no product marketing pitches
*	no PowerPoint presentations
*	everyone participates
*	vote with your feet
*	add your name to the list of interested participants for one or
more sessions

To propose your session, click here
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/July_16-18,_2008,_ESIP_Federation_Mee
ting,_Durham,_NH#Open_Meeting_Sessions_.28July_17.2C_2008.29> . To see
last summer's open meeting topics, click here
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Session_Topics_Proposal_Page> .

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at
877-870-3747.

Regards,

Carol Meyer

Carol B. Meyer