[ESIP-all] ESIP Federation Business Meeting, July 15 at UNH

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Thu Jul 3 13:23:34 EDT 2008

***I apologize if you are receiving this message multiple times. I want
to be sure our Assembly Reps and the larger community receive this
it.***

As you know, the ESIP Federation has been engaged in strategic planning
since last July.  A draft plan has been posted to the community for
review and two telecons have been held to receive your input.  The
attached draft is the result of that year-long process and has been
updated based on your input.  The draft plan is the result of many
discussions during the past year and is a consensus document.  It will
be presented at the annual business meeting of the ESIP Federation on
July 15, at which time a formal vote on the plan will be conducted.

As you might imagine, strategic planning raises many questions and
issues about an organization.  The Strategic Planning Working Group will
continue to meet to examine many of the issues that were identified
during the year-long process but were not studied in depth due to time
constraints.  As a result of its efforts, the Strategic Planning Working
Group asked the Executive Committee to consider the attached resolution.
The resolution would move the annual business meeting to the ESIP
Federation's Winter Meeting, beginning in January 2009. The Executive
Committee unanimously approved this proposal, which also requests that
the Assembly extend the existing Officer, Committee Chair and Type Rep
terms until January 2009.  Most of the existing officers are able to
continuing serving, though a few positions may require your attention at
the July annual meeting.

If you have any questions about either document, please don't hesitate
to contact me or any member of the Executive Committee.  We look forward
to seeing you in New Hampshire in a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Carol Meyer

Carol B. Meyer
Interim Executive Director