[ESIP-all] ESIP Federation Elections - Call forNominations

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Wed Nov 19 20:17:47 EST 2008

***Please do not delay making your nominations for ESIP Federation
offices.  We expect to run the election electronically this year and
will get a ballot underway prior to the January ESIP Federation meeting.
If you have questions about running for an office, please feel free to
contact me for more information about the position or about getting
nominated.  See below for details related to the open offices and
process for nomninating someone.

It is that time of year to consider elections for officers and committee
chairs for the ESIP Federation.  As has been done in past years,
nominations (each nomination must be seconded) will be collected via
email and compiled for the complete ballot.  The ballot will be placed
before the Assembly for an electronic vote during the month leading up
to the ESIP Federation meeting.  Election results will be announced at
the ESIP Federation Business Meeting on January 7, 2009.  New officers
and committee chairs will take office at the end of the ESIP Federation
meeting on January 8, 2009.

All officers, committee chairs and type representatives serve one-year
terms.  The President and Vice President are limited to two consecutive
terms.  In addition, the President and Vice President must come from
different ESIP Types.  In all, we elect 22 people each year.  Before
nominating someone, please be sure that you have the consent of that
person.  Nominations can be sent to
carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org and will be accepted through
November 30, 2008.  Nominations will be tracked at:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Constitution_and_Bylaws

The following details the list of offices to be voted upon:

Office
Administrative Committees

President*‡#
Constitution and Bylaws, Chair*‡ and 3 Members Representing Each ESIP
Type

Vice President*‡#
Finance and Appropriations, Chair*‡# and 3 Members Representing Each
ESIP Type

Partnership, Chair*‡ and 3 Members Representing Each ESIP Type

Type Representatives[1]
Standing Committees

Type I*‡#
Commercial Development, Chair‡

Type II*‡#
Community Engagement, Chair‡

Type III*‡#
Education, Chair‡

Information Technology and Interoperability, Chair‡

Products and Services, Chair‡

*Nominees for these offices must be a Voting Representative to the
Assembly.
‡Those serving in these offices also will serve on the ESIP Federation
Executive Committee.
#Those serving in these offices also will serve on the Foundation for
Earth Science Board.

For a description of each office and its expected time commitment, visit
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Constitution_and_Bylaws

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any
member of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee (Sam Bacharach, Chair;
Steven Moore, Danny Hardin, Patricia Liggett)

Regards,
Carol Meyer

Carol B. Meyer
Executive Director
Foundation for Earth Science
877.870.3747 (toll-free)
919.870.7141 (fax)
www.esipfed.org

  _____

[1] The ESIP Type Representative is chosen from a caucus of the Assembly
Voting Representatives from each ESIP Type.