[ESIP-all] Products and Services telecon reminder

Raskin, Robert G robert.g.raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 24 01:18:21 EST 2009

This is a reminder that the Products and Services telecon is coming up:

When: Tuesday 2/24 at 3pm EST (noon PST)
Dial: 800-508-7631
Access Code: *1297219*

Agenda:
- Review past Committee activities
- Identify plans for coming year based on participant interests (see potential list below)
- Plan for the Summer ESIP Meeting (e.g., a Metadata Fair?)
- Select a Committee Vice-Chair
- Identify permanent telecon day/time

Potential topics:
- Address deficiencies of current metadata standards (ISO 19115, OGC, DIF, CF, etc.)
- Improve metadata compliance within Federation
- Metadata harvesting and exchange
- Consistent representation of data versioning
- Permanent dataset names, parameter names, registries, and identifiers
- Catalog services
- Develop use cases
- Service quality
- Federation-wide inventory
- Coordination with Air Quality Working Group activities
- Metadata for data quality, services, and provenance

If these topics are of interest to you, please join the Products-Services e-mail list if you have not already done so
(at http://lists.deltaforce.net/mailman/listinfo/esip-products ),
as future discussion will be limited to that list.  Our wiki page is:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Products_and_Services

If you cannot make it this time but would like to participate in the future, please let me know of your interests (and good times to schedule future telecons).

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Raskin
Group Supervisor, Science Data Engineering
Software and Data Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, CA 91109
(818) 354-4228