[ESIP-all] Carbon work

brian.rogan@earthsciencefoundation.org Brian.Rogan at earthsciencefoundation.org
Fri May 1 09:24:13 EDT 2009

		Hello,

Martha Maiden has recently been invited to

		give a 20 to 30
minute presentation to ORNL's DAAC User Working Group on May 19 at the
University of Maryland Inn and Conference
Center in Adelphi, MD. she has asked Carol and I to compile some information on the recent work that ESIP members have been doing regarding work with data and information systems
for carbon cycle and terrestrial ecology research so that she can give attendees a broader picture of our work in these areas.
While we have a working Carbon Cluster group, it has not met recently and I have only a few notes, but I'm sure that many of our members have been active in this area.  For those partners who do work in these areas, if you could send me a brief description of your work to include in the material I send to Martha, it would be must appreciated.
Also, if there is interest in reviving the Carbon Cluster for the upcoming meeting, there is plenty of room in the open meeting time slots.

Many thanks for your help,

Brian Rogan
Research and Outreach Coordinator
ESIP Federation