[ESIP-all] [Spg-announce] Request for Comments on Interoperability Experiments Technical Notes

Ullman, Richard E. (GSFC-5860) richard.e.ullman at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 30 16:34:14 EDT 2009

NASA Data Systems Stakeholders:

The Earth Science Data Systems Working Group (ESDSWG) for Standards, a NASA working group, is conducting a review of the following Technical Notes:

   Interoperability between OGC CS/W and WCS Protocols
   Provenance within Data Interoperability Standards
   Lessons Learned Regarding WCS Server Design and Implementation

that were submitted to the standards process. An SPG Technical Note is a document that contains important and useful information that is relevant to the
domain of NASA Earth Science Data Systems, and does not necessarily describe a "standard" which has additional operational requirements.

The scope of the present review is the "operational usefulness" of these technical notes. We have forwarded these questions to you because as a NASA Earth
Science Data stakeholder we would like to know your experience with one or more of the referenced specifications.

The Standards Process Group is charged with recommending the use of data systems standards within the agency that will enhance interoperation of Earth science data systems within the agency and with partnering organizations.  We do this through open review of standards, technical notes and best practices submitted by community stakeholders.  This process is most effective when community members such as you invest the time to ensure that our recommendations accurately reflect the experiences of the communities that may be impacted.

Comments should be sent before June 1, 2009  to <spg-rfc-014 at lists.nasa.gov>

Thank you,

Richard Ullman
[for the Technical Working Group (TWG) for ESDS-RFC-014, ESDS-RFC-015 and ESDS-RFC-016]

Links:

Interoperability between OGC CS/W and WCS Protocols Technical Note (ESDS-RFC-014)
 http://www.esdswg.net/spg/rfc/esds-rfc-014/CSW_Tech_Note-rfc14.pdf

Provenance within Data Interoperability Standards Technical Note (ESDS-RFC-015)
 http://www.esdswg.net/spg/rfc/esds-rfc-015/Provenance_Tech_Note-rfc15.pdf

Lessons Learned Regarding WCS Server Design and Implementation Technical Note (ESDs-RFC-016)
 http://www.esdswg.net/spg/rfc/esds-rfc-016/WCSLessons_TechNote-rfc16.pdf

Review Template

 http://www.esdswg.org/spg/rfc/esds-rfc-014/ESDS-RFC-014-Survey.doc

For PDF or Open Office versions of the review template see http://www.esdswg.net/spg/rfc/esds-rfc-014/