[ESIP-all] Fw: Calling all scientists

Tamara Ledley tamara_ledley at terc.edu
Wed May 6 13:09:11 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,
   Jodi Asbell-Clark at TERC is working to create a science
center/community in a virtual world called Blue Mars (see email and link
below).  She is looking for scientists who might be interested in
participating in shaping what might be done in such a virtual world.  She
is in the process of answering an NSF program officers questions about an
already submitted proposal.  So she needs a list of scientists and their
affiliations who might be interested in participating asap.
    If you are interested please let me know.
Thanks
Tamara
___________________________________
Tamara Shapiro Ledley, PhD
Senior Scientist, TERC
2067 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140
phone: 617-873-9658; fax: 617-349-3535

----- Forwarded by Tamara Ledley/CSTL/TERC on 05/06/2009 01:06 PM -----

Jodi Asbell-Clarke/CSTL/TERC
05/06/2009 12:18 PM

TERC Staff
cc

Subject
Calling all scientists

HI all,

As some of you know I am working on a project to create a science
center/community in an upcoming virtual world called Blue Mars (see
http://www.virtualspaceentertainment.com for more details). We are likely
to start sometime this summer and I am trying to find as many scientists
as I can who would like to hang out in a virtual world and help us think
about what they'd like to do there. If you know anyone who think this
would be fun (little or no pay involved, just the opportunity to shape
something totally new and different) please let me know asap. All I need
now is a name and title (institution) - no letter or support or anything.
It's to be used in response to  program officer's question at NSF.

If you know non-scientists who want to get in world early, let me know and
I may be able to do that too...but right now I need the list of
scientists.

thanks very much, jodi