[ESIP-all] FW: Greenland Climate Change Featured on The Weather Channel this Weekend AM

Carol Meyer carolbmeyer at esipfed.org
Thu Oct 8 19:06:16 EDT 2009

From: Dave Jones [mailto:dave at stormcenter.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 4:50 PM
To: 'Carol B. Meyer'
Subject: Greenland Climate Change Featured on The Weather Channel this
Weekend AM

A crew from StormCenter recently visited NEEM (July 2009) and produced some
stories that will air on The Weather Channel here in the U.S. this upcoming
weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) between 7am and 11am EDT. We will be
recording it and will post it on our website when it has been aired. You can
see a sample of the video clips on our website: www.stormcenter.com and then
play the video on the front page.

The stories that will air this weekend will feature NEEM and the 109th
Airlift Wing! I can't tell you how proud I am that the 109th exists! Thank
you for all you do to advance our understanding of science and global
climate change. The entire NEEM crew from the ground to the site to the
researchers and NSF polar programs staff are to be thanked.

We shot some amazing footage and we will continue to tell the stories that
need to be told. Our partnership with Climate Central has resulted in
several outlets where this story will be told to millions of people and we
will keep you posted on future airings. Thanks to Dr. Heidi Cullen for
having the passion to tell these stories as they should be told...eventually
we will get more air time to expand on the topics that we discuss...and we
have lots to discuss and many ways to apply the exciting video in both news
and education and outreach.

In the meantime I hope you get the opportunity to watch TWC this weekend
morning. I would love your feedback on the pieces.

Best Regards,

Dave

Dave Jones

Founder, President & CEO

StormCenter Communications, Inc.

NEW ADDRESS as of June 15, 2009

bwTech at UMBC

Research & Technology Park

1450 South Rolling Road

Baltimore, MD 21227

410-203-1316 Phone

410-203-9341 Fax

 <http://www.stormcenter.com/> www.stormcenter.com

Director, Foundation for Earth Science

A 501 (c) 3 corporation dedicated to the advancement of Earth science
applications and observations