[ESIP-all] GEO Call for Proposals -- Project List

Carol Meyer carolbmeyer at esipfed.org
Mon Nov 30 12:11:21 EST 2009

The GEO User Interface and Capacity Building Committees issued a Request for
(preliminary) Proposals earlier this year.  The response from the field was
overwhelming, with more than 130 proposals received.  Full project proposals
are under development and will be due in January.  Each project proposal
requires a team effort, with primary focus on developing world decision
support projects.  Many in the ESIP Federation community teamed up with
global partners to offer project ideas.   With the incredible response to
this initiative, we have been asked to invite members of the ESIP Federation
community to consider sharing their expertise with some project teams.
Needed roles include project managers, science and technical advisors,
sponsors, and financial managers. Lawrence Friedl of NASA's Applied Sciences
is a lead for this endeavor.

I am attaching the list of preliminary project proposals that were
submitted.  If you see something that is of interest, please email
<mailto:CFPReview at geosec.org> CFPReview at geosec.org.  You can learn more
about the project from the GEO Secretariat and express what role you might
be interested in playing. Please use the Proposal Number when communicating
with the GEO Secretary.  I have attached the original Call for Proposals for
your review.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact Lawrence Friedl or me.

Regards,

Carol Meyer