[ESIP-all] Reminder: ESIP IT & Interop Telecon Today at 1PM CT
Dr. Rahul Ramachandran
rramachandran at itsc.uah.edu
Wed May 5 10:37:43 EDT 2010
* Rave by Zhangfan Xing NASA/JPL entitled “Pomegranate - Its Health
Benefits and Possible Side Effects”
* ESIP Summer Meeting Technical Workshops
* Status of Climate Modeling?
* Mobile Computing moved to Posters
* Review of the current schedule
* Interoperability Standards Outreach Package Development – Status
Zhangfan Xing’s Abstract:
Pomegranate is an open source python application that exposes science
data stores, such as HDF and NetCDF files, in the web way. It implements
the Webification-Science (w10n-sci) API. The core idea of webification
(w10n) is to make inner components of a data store directly addressable
and accessible via well-defined and meaningful URLs. We will discuss the
nascent w10n-sci API, demo a Pomegranate-powered RESTful web service,
and elaborate on how this enabling technology can lead to powerful Earth
Call in Information:
1. Please join my meeting, Wednesday, May 05 at 01:00 PM CDT.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
Or, call in using your telephone.
Access Code: 297-330-488
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 297-330-488
Rahul Ramachandran Ph.D.
Deputy Editor - Earth Science Informatics [ESIN]
Information Technology and Systems Center
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL 35899
More information about the ESIP-all