[ESIP-all] AGU Session IN08 on Interoperability Barriers for Earth Science Data Systems

Berrick, Stephen W. (GSFC-6102) stephen.w.berrick at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 28 09:07:34 EDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Session IN08 on Interoperability Barriers for Earth Science Data Systems at the 2010 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on 13-18 December 2010 in San Francisco, California.

Note: this is a new session to AGU, but we anticipate considerable and diverse interest in the topic and we’re looking forward to an exciting session.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science Informatics session.

AGU 2010 Meeting information is available at http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/index.php<http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/index.php> .

Please note – the deadline for abstracts is 2 September 2010.

Session IN08: Interoperability Barriers for Earth Science Data Systems: A key vision tenet of NASA and other Earth science data systems is interoperability: a future of multiple data streams seamlessly combined, research & other communities using data interoperably, and data & processing being mobile. Progress has been made yet we are still far from achieving this vision. For many data users & national/international partners, interoperability for our data and data systems remains unmet. Future missions will generate new data in much larger volumes. An emphasis on societal benefits will add more diverse user communities. Focus is standards, interoperability cross-cutting technologies, and lessons learned without compromising on the data quality & richness that future missions will bring.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank your for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.  Please forgive us if you receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate

Sincerely,

Stephen W Berrick
Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov<mailto:Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov>

Yonsook Enloe