[ESIP-all] Reuse Session IN04 at AGU Fall Meeting

Marshall, James J (GSFC-614.5)[INNOVIM] james.j.marshall at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 28 08:14:14 EDT 2010

NASA's Earth Science Data Systems (ESDS) Software Reuse Working Group
will be sponsoring a session titled "Experiences and Challenges in Earth
Science Software Reuse", number IN04, in the Earth and Space Science
Informatics category at the 2010 AGU Fall Meeting.  The session will be
convened by Chris Mattmann (NASA JPL) and Bob Downs (Columbia
University, CIESIN), and covers any topics related to software reuse,
focusing on the Earth science domain (e.g., designing for reuse,
packaging assets, software release processes, lessons learned, measuring
benefits/reusability).  Additional session information is available at:

http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/program/scientific_session_search.php?show=detail&sessid=426

We are now accepting general contributions to this session.  This is
a great opportunity to present your work and experience involving
software reuse to a wide audience of Earth scientists.  If you have work
in any area of software reuse that you'd like to present, please submit
your abstract through the official AGU site
(http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/) and use the session code IN04.  The
site is open for submissions now, and the deadline is September 2.  The
more abstracts we receive, the greater our chances of being assigned an
oral session, so please spread the word to others you know who may be
interested in this opportunity.

Thanks, and we hope to see you at our session in San Francisco this
December.

--
Dr. James J. Marshall              INNOVIM Senior Staff Scientist
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   GSFC Building 22, Room C135A
Mailstop 614.9                     E-mail: James.J.Marshall at nasa.gov
Greenbelt, MD  20771               O: 301-286-7544 / F: 301-286-0239