[ESIP-all] AGU Informatics Session on Encouraging and Enabling Transparency in Science Data

Wilson, Bruce E. wilsonbe at ornl.gov
Wed Jul 28 09:10:42 EDT 2010

As was mentioned in some circles last week, we've got a new session this year for Informatics.  Please consider submitting an abstract.  If you have a particular perspective on invited speakers or particular people to encourage, feel free to send that information to me directly.

IN02: Enabling and Encouraging Transparency in Science Data
A number of events and publications have highlighted the need for a high degree of transparency and best practices in the publication, management, provenance tracking, traceability, identification, and citability of science data, and particularly for Earth Science data. Motivation to publish data also comes from publisher and funding agency mandates to make data accessible and a desire to give greater credit for the sharing of data. This session is for the tools, approaches, and cultural changes to increase the transparency of scientific work, improve the analysis of the impact of data sharing, and provide credit for researchers and institutions openly sharing data. This session is accompanied by an overview Union session, U17.

URL for abstract submission is http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/program/abstract_submissions.php