[ESIP-all] 1 week left to submit: AGU Session IN07: Current Capabilities and Future Needs of Near Real-Time Data

Goodman, Michael (MSFC-VP61) michael.goodman at nasa.gov
Tue Aug 24 00:33:12 EDT 2010

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

I understand that you've already been inundated by other requests to submit an abstract to the AGU Fall Meeting.  Some of you will receive this multiple times in cross -postings and for that I apologize. We have a  new and exciting session on the current and future uses of real-time data (IN07).  Please consider submitting an abstract and do it soon before the 2 September deadline.   We are seeking a broad set of abstracts including space weather, disasters, lithospheric, atmospheric, oceanic, cryospheric, terrestrial, and ecological uses as well as other geophysical applications.   See the session information below.   Thank you.

--Michael

H. Michael Goodman                      Kevin Murphy                           Jeff Morisette
michael.goodman at nasa.gov        kevin.j.murphy at nasa.gov      morisettej at usgs.gov
256 961 7890 office
202 549 3244 NASA cell

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Session IN07 on Current Capabilities and Future Needs of Near Real-Time Data: Perspectives from Users and Producers at the 2010 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on 13-18 December 2010 in San Francisco, California.

Note: this is a new session to AGU, but we anticipate considerable and diverse interest in the topic and we're looking forward to an exciting session.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science Informatics session.
 AGU 2010 Meeting information is available at http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/index.php

Please note - the deadline for abstracts is 2 September 2010.

Session IN07: Current Capabilities and Future Needs of Near Real-Time Data: Perspectives from Users and Producers: Near real-time data from satellite and airborne sensors are transforming many end-user applications. These applications have demonstrated the utility of timely data in diverse disciplines including weather prediction, wildfires, disaster relief, invasive species and homeland security. Transitioning from prototype to operational systems presents an opportunity to improve current systems and inform future capabilities. This session will focus on current applications, end-user requirements, quality of the products and the tools to produce and distribute them. We seek contributions that demonstrate the production and application of near real-time data and identify gaps in current capabilities.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank your for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.  Please forgive us if you receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate

Sincerely

H. Michael Goodman
michael.goodman at nasa.gov

Kevin Murphy