[ESIP-all] Join Information Quality Cluster - Federation of Earth Science Information Partners

Leptoukh, Gregory G. (GSFC-6102) gregory.g.leptoukh at nasa.gov
Wed Dec 22 18:54:48 EST 2010

Dear ESIP folks,

At various times some of you have expressed interest in addressing various aspects of data quality.

At last, the ESIP Information Quality cluster has been formed a couple of months ago with the following objective:

Bring together people from various disciplines to assess aspects of quality of remote sensing data. Learn and share best practices with a goal to build a framework for consistent capture, harmonization and presentation of data quality for the purposes of climate change studies, earth science and applications.

More information is available at:

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality

You can find (and click on) a "Subscribe" link in the lower left quadrant on the page to subscribe to the mailing list.

We will have a short lunch-time session on Jan 6 at the ESIP Fed meeting in DC.

Early next year I will initiate regular IQ-cluster telecons.

If you know people who might be interested in participating in IQ cluster activities, please share this e-mail with them.

Thanks and welcome to the IQ Cluster.

-Greg
Dr. Gregory Leptoukh
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Phone: (301) 614-5253
Gregory.Leptoukh at nasa.gov<mailto:Gregory.Leptoukh at nasa.gov>
http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov
<http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/>http://giovanni.gsfc.nasa.gov<http://giovanni.gsfc.nasa.gov/>