[ESIP-all] Monday ESIP Updates: Visioneers/Data Preservation/GeoData2011
erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Mar 7 09:42:26 EST 2011
Hi All -
A few updates for the week:
1. Visioneers: Visioneers call is today, 2 EST (see below for call-in
details). Bruce Caron has added a wiki page <http://MONDAY March 7. 2 pm
Eastern Join us in planning the Summer ESIP Federation meeting (July 12-15,
2011) in Santa Fe, NM. 800-508-7631 *8202307*> on the open meeting day.
2. Data Preservation<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Preservation_and_Stewardship>,
telecon Wed, 3/9, 3 EST. Curt Tilmes has done a lot of work cleaning up the
wiki page for this group. Be sure to check out their wiki space.
3. GeoData 2011 <http://tw.rpi.edu/web/Workshop/Community/GeoData2011>: This
past week USGS and NSF convened a workshop on Life Cycle, Citation and
Integration of Geo-Data. Eric Rozell, a grad student at RPI, gave a great
recap of the workshop on the RPI
A couple of questions were raised that I thought would be interesting to
pose to the larger group:
* Can you give concrete examples of science being transformed by
* What are three things we could tacle around data citation, integration and
life cycle by next year?
Stay tuned to the ESIPFed twitter feed <http://twitter.com/esipfed> if you
are interested in hearing about #DrupalCon this week.
Have a great week!
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image:
*VISIONEER Call Details: *
MONDAY March 7. 2 pm Eastern
Join us in planning the Summer ESIP Federation meeting (July 12-15, 2011) in
Santa Fe, NM.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all