[ESIP-all] FYI: Scentific Data Management Workshop report available

Young.Steve at epamail.epa.gov Young.Steve at epamail.epa.gov
Thu May 5 16:38:49 EDT 2011

Colleagues asked me to share this information. Cheers,   Steve

ESIP Members:

We are pleased to transmit the Report from the Scientific Data
Management (SDM) Workshop that was held June 30 - July 1, 2010 at the US
EPA Headquarters in Washington DC.

This Report is a consensus document drafted by the SDM Drafting Team and
reviewed by all of the Workshop participants and sponsors. If you have
comments or questions regarding the workshop or the report, please
contact the CENDI Secretariat (sdm_inquiries at iiaweb.com), and they will
make sure that any questions you have are addressed or forwarded to the
appropriate organization(s) for a response.

On behalf of the SDM Planning Team, we thank our sponsors: (IWGDD -
Interagency Working Group on Digital Data, USEPA - United States
Environmental Protection Agency, and CENDI - Interagency group of senior
Scientific and Technical Information (STI) managers)  for making the
Workshop a reality.

To access the report, please retrieve it from EPA’s Science Inventory
at:

http://cfpub.epa.gov/si/si_public_record_report.cfm?dirEntryId=235192

or visit the CENDI website:

http://cendi.gov/publications/index.html

For reference, EPA has assigned Report No: EPA/600/R-11/053, and the
recommended citation is provided on the Science Inventory page.

We hope the results of the Workshop will be an effective step in the
development of sound federal data management policies and plans for the
United States.

On Behalf of the Planning and Drafting Teams,

Robert Shepanek, US EPA, Chair (retired)
Sharon Jordan, DOE, Co-Chair
Bonnie C. Carroll, CENDI Secretariat
J. R. Candlish, CENDI Secretariat

sdm.png

Steve Young
Senior Advisor
US EPA, Office of Environmental Information
202-566-0608
young.steve at epa.gov