[ESIP-all] Monday (Summer Meeting) Updates: Share your ideas!

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Jun 6 10:49:34 EDT 2011

Hi All -

The purpose of this week's update is to highlight the variety of ways to
share your ideas and work at the ESIP Summer
Meeting<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2011_Meeting>
.

   1. *Poster/Demo Session - Tuesday, July 13*. This is a great opportunity
   to mingle and see the wide breadth of work going on in the ESIP community.
   Poster submission is through the RegOnline meeting
registration<http://www.regonline.com/esipfederationsummermeeting2011>.
   If you've already registered, go back with the link and login using the
   email you used to initially register. Once there, on the agenda page you can
   submit your poster title and abstract. Posters can be 3' x 4'. *Deadline
   for abstracts: June 15*.

   2. *Ignite Talks <http://ignite.oreilly.com/> - Thursday afternoon break.
    Got something to say? Can you squeeze it into five minutes? Then we’ve
   got the gig for you! Each speaker gets five minutes with 20 slides that
   auto advance every 15 seconds. Intimidated? Don’t be! The constraints make
   for short, high-energy, and to-the-point presentations. To get a better
   idea, you can browse thousands of recorded Ignite talks at
   http://igniteshow.com/.  We have room for five speakers, each with an
   idea about Earth science data, information, technology, collaboration or any
   subject relevant to ESIP. Email me if you're interested in presenting by
   June 30.

   *
   3. *Emergent Meetings - Entire meeting. Space will be available to allow
   ad-hoc groups to meet and discuss issues that may have a more narrow
   interest than regular conference sessions, or get together as a group of
   like-minded individuals to talk about common problems. If you already have
   an idea for a topic, you can add to the wiki,
here<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Talk:ESIP_Summer_Meeting_2011_Emergent_Sessions>
   . *

Thanks in advance for all of the work you are doing to prepare content for
the meeting. Carol and I are really looking forward to seeing so many of you
in a few weeks!

Best -
Erin
*
*
*Telecons for the
week<https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1>
: *
Wed - Data Preservation<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Preservation_and_Stewardship>
Fri - Air Quality <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/AQ_Work_Group_Telecons>
* *
*
*
*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: