[ESIP-all] Boulder Earth and Space Science Informatics Group (BESSIG) meeting Wed., 8/17

Anne Wilson anne.wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Aug 15 20:18:04 EDT 2011

Dear ESIPers,

If you happen to be in Boulder on Wednesday, please consider attending
our Boulder Earth and Space Science Informatics Group (BESSIG) meeting,
from 4:00 - 6:00 PM.  We have a great line up of speakers:

Gary Strand, "The NCAR Community Earth System Model and the IPCC Fifth
Assessment Report."

Siri Jodha Khalsa will give a short summary of a workshop he led at this
summer's INSPIRE conference titled "What is Interoperability and How do
we Measure it?" followed by an open discussion of the topic. (INSPIRE is
the panEuropean spatial data infrastructure initiative. Workshop
presentations are available at: INSPIRE conference presentations.)

Leonard Sitongia, "Challenges in Legacy Software and Scientific
Methods", followed by Steve Olding from the NASA Earth Science Data
Systems Technology Infusion Working Group (via Skype),  "A Toolbox for
Organization-wide Infusion of Data Systems Technologies".

Complete meeting information is available here:
http://lasp.colorado.edu/galaxy/display/BESSIG/2011/08/01/BESSIG+Meeting+Wed%2C+August+17%2C+4PM

Please pass this on to interested parties.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Anne Wilson