[ESIP-all] AGU Ocean Sciences 2012 / Planet Under Pressure: Call for Abstracts - Governing Across Scales

Peter Fox pfox at cs.rpi.edu
Sun Sep 4 02:29:27 EDT 2011

We invite your participation in a couple of upcoming conferences.  Our group is hosting a session under Ocean Policy and Management at the February 2012 Ocean Science Meeting titled: Governing Across Scales: Innovate Stewardship of Earth Ecosystems – Creating a Global Large Marine Ecosystem Knowledge Network.  (see attached)  We hope that you will consider submitting an abstract to give a presentation at this session.

Our goal is to strengthen links and best practices information sharing between Regional Ocean Governance practitioners in US and other international efforts. We intend to have high level participation from NOAA’s Regional Ocean Governance Network:http://www.csc.noaa.gov/oceangovernance/

Our hope is to engage practitioners across the ‘science-to-governance’ spectrum.   Areas of interest include governing across scales, bringing science to governance, integrated ecosystem assessments, coupling natural and human systems, defining best practices in sustainability, data acquisition and management, and knowledge networks.

We are also hosting a similar session at the Planet Under Pressure conference in London: http://www.planetunderpressure2012.net/session_fox.asp  (It is my understanding that conference organizers offer underwriting for the participants of accepted abstracts.)

Please pass this on to interested colleagues.

---Peter.