[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Submit Meeting Session Ideas | Discovery EarthCube White Paper | ESIP Blog | Maiden Award Nomination Reminder

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Oct 10 11:57:33 EDT 2011

Hi All -

Happy Columbus Day!

   - 11 more days to* submit ESIPFed Winter Meeting session
abstracts<http://esipfed.org/Meeting%20Abstract%20Submission%20Form>
   *. The theme of the meeting is "Connections Through Collaboration:
   Engaging Community Throughout the Data Life Cycle", so sessions that are
   connected to other groups you work with outside ESIP are welcome. Deadline
   for submission is Oct. 21.

   - The Discovery cluster wrote a white paper for EarthCube titled: "A
   Light-Weight Approach to Data
Discovery<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_White_Paper_Short>".
   If you support the ideas described in the paper, sign on the wiki page.

   - On the *ESIPFed Blog* <http://esipfed.org/blog> last week:
      - Member Highlights:
TERC<http://esipfed.org/blog/member-highlights-aaas-press-announces-tercs-earth-exploration-toolbook-has-received-spore-awar>,
      CIESIN<http://esipfed.org/blog/member-highlights-major-spatial-population-data-collection-released>and
NOAA
      NODC<http://esipfed.org/blog/member-highlights-noaa-national-oceanographic-data-center-nodc-now-facebook>
      - ESIP Guest Blogger: Brian Wee,
NEON<http://www.neoninc.org/about/staff/brian-wee>(Type I member)
wrote a post "Virtualizing
      the environment: Tron at
macroscales<http://esipfed.org/blog/guest-blogger-virtualizing-environment-tron-macroscales>
      "
      - Note: If you have post ideas please let me know - member highlights,
      interviews, community updates from other related groups, ESIP
      cluster/committee/work group news, ...  Subscribe via
RSS<http://feeds.feedburner.com/EsipfedBlogs>

      - *Martha Maiden Award Nomination Reminder* - We are accepting
   nominations for the Martha Maiden Award.  This award honors individuals who
   have demonstrated leadership, dedication and a collaborative spirit in
   advancing the field of Earth Science information.
(Details<http://esipfed.org/martha-maiden-award>
   ).

   - *Telecons this week* <http://esipfed.org/telecons>:
      - Discovery - Tues
      - Preservation & Stewardship - Wed
      - Air Quality, Data Management Short Course and Energy/Climate - Thurs

Have a great week!

Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: