[ESIP-all] NSF's Climate Change Education Partnership - Phase II solicitation and possible partnership with the Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN)

Tamara Ledley tamara_ledley at terc.edu
Tue Feb 7 15:13:14 EST 2012

Hi Everyone,

    NSF has a solicitation out called Climate Change Education
Partnerships - Phase II (
http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503465).  The CLEAN
Pathway project (http://cleanet.org) was mentioned explicitly in the
solicitation as a potential partner for CCEP - Phase II projects.   If any
of you are involved with a CCEP-Phase II proposal I wanted to let you know
about the services that CLEAN can provide those and any other climate
change education project.  I am pasting the abstract that briefly
describes these in below.  However, I gave a talk on the Climate Literacy
Network (CLN) call on Jan 31 and the slides and audio recording of the
presentation are posted on the CLN web page (
http://cleanet.org/dev/cln/telecon_schedule.html, from there scroll to
Past 2012 Teleconference and click Show Notes for Jan 31 and you will see
the abstract, slides, and audio recording).

  I would be interested in talking to any of you who are involved in a
CCEP-II proposal to explore how CLEAN services can support your effort and
to answer any of your questions.

Thanks
Tamara

Abstract from Jan 31 presentation

The CLEAN Pathway project http://cleanet.org was funded in 2009 by NSF
with initial climate change education funding. This project has built a
reviewed collection of existing educational resources, currently including
learning activities, visualizations, videos, and short
demonstrations/experiments that directly address the Climate Literacy
Essential Principles and Energy Literacy Principles. In order to build
this collection, a rigorous review process has been developed that
addresses scientific accuracy, pedagogical effectiveness, and technical
quality/ease of use. To facilitate the teaching of climate and energy
science, the project has also developed virtual professional development
venues for both undergraduate faculty and secondary level teachers.
These activities, along with other CLEAN activities and efforts, can be
leveraged by climate change education proposals and currently funded
projects to enhance their projects and expand the opportunities for
partnerships and dissemination. In this presentation, we will provide an
overview of the services that CLEAN can provide. Some of these include:
CLEAN Collection:
http://cleanet.org/clean/educational_resources/index.html
Review Process and Review Criteria:
http://cleanet.org/clean/about/review.html
CLEAN Widget: Bring CLEAN Resources to your web site
http://cleanet.org/clean/about/widget.html
CLEAN Community: http://cleanet.org/community/index.html
Climate Literacy Network: http://cleanet.org/cln
CLEAN Announcements listserv
CLEAN Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/CLEANET
Project descriptions of funded CCE projects:
http://cleanet.org/cln/ccep.html
CLEAN Collection GAP Analysis:
http://cleanet.org/clean/community/gap_analysis
To see a screencast of the CLEAN portal go to
http://cleanet.org/clean/community/webinars/screencast
Tamara Shapiro Ledley, PhD
Senior Scientist, TERC
2067 Massachusetts Ave