[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Telecon changes - Visioneers and P&S Today | Summer Meeting Updates | Jobs, OKFN, BESSIG
erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Feb 13 09:17:22 EST 2012
Hi All -
We've had some changes to the *telecon
* Visioneers is 1 ET
* Products/Services is at 2 ET.
* Visualization originally scheduled for today has been moved to Wednesday,
February 22 at 2 ET.
Also this week: Discovery (Tuesday), Drupal (Wednesday), Data Management
Short Course (Thursday) and Education (Thursday).
*Summer Meeting 2012: *
* The dates for the ESIP Summer Meeting ar July 17-20, 2012.
* Theme Ideas<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting#Theme_Ideas>:
Visioneers and ExCom have worked on the theme for this meeting. The idea
emerging for the theme is innovation. *Visioneers meets today to finalize
the theme, 1 ET. *
* Summer meeting workshops and training
In an effort to reserve the right amount and types of space, if you will
need computer labs - let us know this week.
*Other Notes From Around the Federation: *
A few jobs listed this past week:
* UNAVCO Software Engineer
and UNAVCO Software Engineer
* *UCAR/Unidata Software Engineer/Programmer
* NC Museum of Natural Sciences Visualization Investigate Lab
*Open Knowledge Festival <http://okfestival.org/> *- On September 17-22
this year, global communities will be descending on the shores of Helsinki
for a week! For this festival – the first of its kind in the world – we are
bringing Open Government Data
and Open Knowledge
to the same place to provide new opportunities for collaboration. For
details about OKFest, see our blog post here <http://shar.es/fA8jj> . And
apologies for any cross-posts - we're quite excited today!
:* If you're in Boulder on Wednesday, February 22, 5 pm, please consider
attending our Boulder Earth and Space Science Informatics Group meeting.
We are dovetailing with the UCAR SEA Software Engineering Conference 2012.
Thanks to the Conference and UCAR we have two out of town speakers:
* Jay Alameda, NCSA, "Bringing Modern Tools to High Performance Computing -
with a Spotlight on XSEDE and Blue Waters"es
* Chris Mattmann, JPL, "Understanding how to Best Leverage Open Source Data
Management Software: A Roadmap"
If you have ideas for future Monday Updates, let me know by Sunday evening.
Have a great week!
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all