[ESIP-all] ESIP Update: ESIP and Innovation | DRAFT netCDF template open for comment | New SEDAC Facebook page

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue Feb 21 10:26:45 EST 2012

Hi All -

Hope that you all had a good Presidents' Day and long weekend for some.

Some things to be aware of this week:

   - ESIP and innovation<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ESIP_and_Innovation>
is
   emerging as the focus of the ESIP Summer Meeting theme. The discussion is
   being framed with a set of characteristics, defined in the *Innovator's
   DNA*: observing, questioning, experimenting, networking and creating
   associations.

   In order to narrow this a bit, I would love more input from the ESIP
   community on the
wiki<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ESIP_and_Innovation> around
   innovation as it applies to your own work.

   - DRAFT netCDF templates based on what are called "feature types" by
   Unidata and CF* are open for public review and comment to make them as
   robust, accurate, and understandable as possible,.* Between February 20
   and March 12, please review the materials presented here and provide your
   comments using the form at: NODC netCDF Template Comment
Form<https://docs.google.com/a/noaa.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHIxQnd2T21tN0U0UGdaa1UwSlQ0MXc6MQ#gid=0>.
If
   the form presents a problem for you, simply email your comments to Ken
   Casey, NODC Technical Director, at Kenneth.Casey at noaa.gov. (Please don't
   hit reply-to-all however!).

   - Become a Facebook
“fan”<http://www.facebook.com/socioeconomicdataandappsctr>of the NASA
Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) operated by
   CIESIN, to hear about our latest maps and data, mapping services and tools,
   reports, blogs, and workshops. Go to
   www.facebook.com/socioeconomicdataandappsctr and select “Like” at the
   top of the page. You can also sign up for Google RSS updates at the lower
   left of the page.  SEDAC encourages you to post comments and join
   discussions with other members of the SEDAC community.

   - Telecons <http://esipfed.org/telecons>:
      - This week - Decisions and Viz, Wednesday; Energy&Climate and ESC,
      Thurs.
      - Next week - Visioneers, Monday; Semantic Web, Tuesday; Data
      Management Short Course, Thursday

Have a great week! Please let me know if you have anything for the next
Monday Update.

Best-
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: