[ESIP-all] Version 1.0 of NODC netCDF Templates Now Available!

Kenneth S. Casey Kenneth.Casey at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 28 00:15:56 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

NODC is pleased to announce that Version 1 of our netCDF Templates are now published at the NODC web site: http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/data/formats/netcdf  - Along with the templates are a decision tree to help in selecting the right template, real-world example files, and a guidance table that provides assistance in effectively using the standard netCDF attributes.

We hope the templates will serve as good starting points for Data Producers who wish to create preservable, discoverable, accessible, and interoperable data. Once again we'd like to thank everyone who provided comments, feedback, and suggestions for improvement.  The web site describes a mechanism for providing feedback and suggestions in an ongoing fashion.  Let us know if you have any questions or concerns as you begin implementing new data sets using these templates!

Sincerely,
Ken Casey

[NOTE: The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author alone and do not necessarily reflect official NOAA, Department of Commerce, or US government policy.]

Kenneth S. Casey, Ph.D.
Technical Director
NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center
1315 East-West Highway