[ESIP-all] [Tc] [socop-forum] RIP Rob Raskin, 1957-2012

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Mon Mar 5 12:12:36 EST 2012

I would also like to express my condolences and send my positive thoughts to Rob's family and friends. I met him 9 years ago in the Semantic Web Conference in Sanibel. He was presenting his work on SWEET ontologies, one of the most important works on defining consistently Earth related terminology. I got inspired by him and had the fortune to interact and learn from him over the last years. The Earth and semantic communities will really miss him.

Luis

Luis Bermudez, Ph.D.
Director of Interoperability Certification
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
Office:  +1 (301) 760-7323 | Fax:  +1 (202) 640-4339
http://www.opengeospatial.org/contact

The OGC: Making Location Count...

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review; use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.