[ESIP-all] [Spg-announce] Recent Activities of the NASA EarthScience Standards Process Group

Arvedson, Paula parveds at exchange.calstatela.edu
Sat Mar 10 04:05:14 EST 2012

All,

August 9 - 11, 2012, will be our 25th Satellites & Education Conference and it will be glorious!  Confirmed speakers:

Dr. Gregory Robinson, Deputy Assistant Administrator for NESDIS
Dr. Michael L. Hanes, President and CEO of the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts (25 years ago he was Dean of the School of Education and helped get the first conferences started and supported)
Robert Winokur, Deputy Oceanographer for the Navy (20+ years ago he was the NESDIS Assistant Administrator who supported the conference and has continued to support the conference)
Laura Furgione, Deputy Assistant Administrator for NWS (invited and hoping for a confirmation soon)

However, our most urgent need is for SCIENTISTS who would be willing (via email - no heavy commitment required) to work with our high school students who are using satellite data to study effects of climate change in their local areas:  Miami, Florida; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Stockton, California; Los Angeles, California; Dover, England; Xiamen, China.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Paula Arvedson, Ph.D.
Fulbright Scholar
Satellites & Education Conference Coordinator