[ESIP-all] Monday Update: No Visioneers today | Call for ESIP Summer Meeting Sessions | Student Fellows | Around the Federation: NSF, AGU, OGC

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Mar 12 11:13:21 EDT 2012

Hi All -

Hopefully, everyone made the "spring forward" this weekend. A few notes to
get the week started:

   - *No Visioneers this week.* We will re-convene next week.

   - *Submit Summer Meeting Sessions* to the wiki:
   http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting#Submit_a_Session
   Sessions that are cross collaboration area are encouraged, since we have
   the fortunate problem of many people being involved in multiple activities.

   - Looking for 2012 *ESIP Student Fellows <http://esipfed.org/page-12>!* If
   you work with any graduate students or recent grads (less than 2 years out)
   that you would like to get more involved in ESIP activities, please pass
   this information on <http://esipfed.org/page-12>. Applicants must submit
   a cover letter indicating collab area preference and a current resume or CV
   by March 27. Thanks in advance for supporting this program and helping us
   engage more students!

*Around the Federation: *

   - NSF just announced a solicitation "Building Community and Capacity for
   Data-Intensive Research in the Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences
   and in Education and Human Resources (BCC-SBE/EHR)"
(http://goo.gl/AWtmX)<http://goo.gl/AWtmX),>
   .

   - *Call for sessions for the AGU Fall 2012* meeting has been released.
    Session proposals are due by April 20, 2012.  Please see
   http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/scientific-program/session-proposal-guide/
     for more information.

   - The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC®) has issued a Requestfor
   Quotations/Call for Participation (RFQ/CFP) to solicit proposals inresponse
   to requirements for the *OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9 *Testbed(
   http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/ows-9).The RFQ/CFP is
   available at
   http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/requests/86.Responses are due by
   5 pm EST on April 6, 2012.

*Telecons this week <http://esipfed.org/telecons>:*
Monday - P&S
Tuesday - Discovery
* For all calls, see the ESIP Telecon calendar. Also, call details are
included in this calendar: http://esipfed.org/telecons

If you have things for next week's Monday update, get them to me by Sunday.

Best -
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: