[ESIP-all] Color, Photoshop, and Frameworks: at the Viz tomorrow!

Kevin Ward kevin at eyeonclimate.com
Tue Apr 24 16:50:50 EDT 2012

Join us tomorrow, Wednesday April 25 @ 3pm ET for a packed
visualization cluster telecon! (Perhaps too packed, we'll see...)

+ A look at one of my group's favorite resources for color palettes --
ColorBrewer http://colorbrewer2.org/

+ A demonstration of how to create a color palette in Photoshop using
the ColorBrewer colors (it's easy to reformat the Photoshop color
table files for use in other applications).

+ An overview of our visualization session for the summer ESIP
meeting: "Frameworks for Data Visualization"
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Frameworks_for_Data_Visualization
We will be hunting high and low for developers and maintainers to come
and share their experiences and contribute to an understanding of the
decision and design processes that go into these types of frameworks.

WebEx Info:
Call-in details: 1-877-668-4493
Attendee Access code: 231 025 06#

To Join the web portion of the meeting:
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1

1. Click join next to the meeting name. (Note: If the meeting has not
yet started, join will not be visible, and it will say 'Display Info'.
Wait a minute and refresh screen)
2. Enter your name and email address
3. If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 23102506

Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Kevin

Kevin Ward
NASA's Earth Observatory