[ESIP-all] ESIP Update: NOAA EDMC Meeting | ESIP Summer Meeting Registration | NSF EarthCube

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue May 15 09:34:00 EDT 2012

Good Morning!

It is a busy week for us (hence we missed the Monday update...). We are
participating in the NOAA Environmental Data Management
Conference<https://www.nosc.noaa.gov/edmcon/>,
Tuesday through Thursday. While much of the conference is of interest to
the ESIP community, one particular highlight is, Ruth Duerr, NSIDC,
presenting part of the Data Management Short
Course<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Data_Management_Short_Course>in
a Wednesday afternoon breakout session. Much of this conference,
including Ruth's talk, will be available virtually, if you'd like to listen
in (call-in details <https://www.nosc.noaa.gov/edmcon/remote.html> - NOTE:
Password for this morning is 23138379).

*2012 ESIP Summer Meeting<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting>
*: Early registration rates
<http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1078265>end May 31,
2012. If you know you will be attending, please go ahead and register so
that we can accurately plan for space needs. Thanks!

Here are the top five ways to participate in the meeting:
* Innovators Among Us - Give a 5 or 9 minute talk on some aspect of
innovation through the data life cycle during the opening plenary (even if
you are virtual!)
* Present a poster during the poster session on Wednesday evening
* Start thinking about a FUNding Friday idea
* Lead a session (still some space available)
* Present in a session

For all the details see the wiki:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting
Program: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Program
Registration: http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1078265

*Around the Federation: *
* NSF EarthCube June Charrette Registration Open:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FSV7SDP
* Earth Science Collaboratory/EarthCube Brokering Hack-A-Thon Round 1-
EuroGEOSS: http://earthcube.ning.com/group/brokering

Telecons: <http://esipfed.org/telecons>
* Wednesday - Drupal
* Thursday - Education

Thanks for all you do! Please let me know if there are things you'd like
included in next week's update.

Best -
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: