[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Energy and Climate Grad Fellowship | New ESIP Members | ESC and Geospatial Telecons TODAY

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Jun 18 11:20:07 EDT 2012

Hi All -
*
A few notes to start the week:
*
*Graduate Research Assistant Opportunity to work with the Energy & Climate
Cluster *
The new Energy and Climate
Workgroup<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Energy_and_Climate>
 has *two graduate student level
internships<http://wiki.esipfed.org/images/d/d3/Energy%26ClimateInternshipAnnouncement_rev.docx>
 *available (pending funding approval) to support the development of their
Dynamic Decision Tools Catalog – one with Drupal experience and another
with Semantic web experience. Duration ~ 6 months starting July 2012. *DEADLINE
FOR APPLICATION: JUNE 25*
*
*
This past Tuesday we announced the *newest ESIP Members*. Join me in
welcoming:

   1. UNC-CH / Data Intensive Cyber Environments Center / DataNet
   Federation Consortium (DICE) (Type
III)<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Partnership_Applications#UNC-CH_.2F_Data_Intensive_Cyber_Environments_Center_.2F_DataNet_Federation_Consortium_.28DICE.29_.28Type_III.29>
   2. University of South Florida College of Marine Science (USFCMS) (Type
   II)<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Partnership_Applications#University_of_South_Florida_College_of_Marine_Science_.28USFCMS.29_.28Type_II.29>
   3. NASA Applied Sciences Program - Health and Air Quality Applications,
   NASA HQ (Type
II)<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Partnership_Applications#NASA_Applied_Sciences_Program_-_Health_and_Air_Quality_Applications.2C_NASA_HQ_.28Type_II.29>
   4. University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill / Renaissance Computing
   Institute (RENCI) (Type
II)<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Partnership_Applications#University_of_North_Carolina-Chapel_Hill_.2F_RENCI_.28Renaissance_Computing_Institute.29_.2F_iRODS_Development_and_Support_.28RENCI.29_.28Type_II.29>

We continue to grow and already have a few applications for the next round
of new members. We have moved to an online
application<http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/776056/ESIP-Membership-Application>.
Feel free to forward to others who may be interested.
*
*
*ESIP Summer Meeting - July 17-20, 2012
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting>
*
Just about a month until the ESIP Summer Meeting. Registration is going
well, we are close to 160 already registered.  Here are the key links:
* Registration<http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1078265>
* Hotels <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting#Hotels>
* Agenda <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Program>

*Calls this week: <http://esipfed.org/telecons>*
Today - Earth Science Collaboratory, 12-1 EDT, Geospatial, 3-4
Tuesday - Discovery 4-5 EDT
Wednesday - Drupal 2-3 EDT
Thursday - Education 2-3 EDT

Let me know if you have things for next week's update. Have a good week!

Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: