[ESIP-all] Monday Update: ESIP Visioneers Meeting TODAY | Data Stewardship - new call time | ESIP Budgets due Sept. 15 | New Member Application

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Sep 10 08:06:11 EDT 2012

Hi All -

Visioneers will meet *today* at 1pm EDT to discuss the upcoming Winter
Meeting, January 8-10, 2013 (call-in details <http://esipfed.org/telecons>).
This call will focus on honing a theme, initial identification of plenary
speakers and continue the discussion of how ESIP continues to push
innovation in the Earth science data and informatics communities. If you
can't make it, but have ideas, send me a note and I will share with the
group.

Data Stewardship now has a new meeting date and time - 2nd Monday, 2pm EDT
(TODAY).

A reminder that committees and work groups are discussing *budgets* on
their monthly calls. The Finance Committee will review budget requests at
the end of September.

The Partnership Committee will be reviewing the new member applications
received since the summer meeting at the end of September. If your
organization is thinking of submitting an application for ESIP membership
and would like to be included, please submit now. There is an online form
form: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/776056/ESIP-Membership-Application

*Around the Federation: *

*Via Matt Austin *- The NOAA NESDIS Office of Systems
Development/Technology, Planning and Integration for Observations Program
(TPIO) is recruiting for:

   - Physical Scientist, ZP-1301-5 (MAP)
   http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/325825500
   - Physical Scientist, ZP-1301-5 (DE/CR)
   http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/325827100

*Via Hook Hua* - The 2013 IEEE Aerospace Conference will be held on March
2-9, 2013 at Big Sky, Montana. http://www.aeroconf.org/ The conference
includes a Session 6.11 "Integrated Sensing, Modeling, and Analysis Using
Sensor Webs" that is relevant to the ESIP Federation
community. Key Dates:
Oct 29, 2012: Paper Submissions Deadline ( Please consider submitting a
500-word abstract which is still being accepted!)
Nov 16, 2012: Paper Review Results to Authors
Jan 6, 2013:  Final Paper Deadline

*Telecons: <http://esipfed.org/telecons>*
Today: Visioneers, Energy & Climate, Products & Services, Data Stewardship
Tuesday: Discovery
Friday: ESIP Commons

If you have updates for next week let me know by Sunday. Thanks for all the
hard work you all do!

Best-
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: