[ESIP-all] ESIP Visioneers telecon on Monday

Don Sullivan donald.v.sullivan at nasa.gov
Sun Sep 23 19:55:26 EDT 2012

Pat,

Two observations;

Peter seems to know the difference between "reply" and "reply to all and then some" - do you ?

Secondly, you appear to answer questions with "well, Yahoo does it that way" and "well, Google
does it this way" instead of "well, I do it this way because ...". Why is this ?

For instance, to pick just ONE comment: "...REST is inefficient on large data holdings"
on what grounds do YOU refute ?

I am of the old (UNIX) school - many (maybe small) tools, chained together, are, in my experience,
WAY more efficient than a one-size-fits-all. I find it difficult, nay, impossible, to imagine a
totally "RESTful" universe. REST just doesn't answer ALL the requirements in MY universe.

My 2¢

Don

       Don Sullivan
       NASA Ames Research Center
       Bldg N245, Rm 131a/MS 245-4
       P.O. Box 1
       Moffett Field, CA 94035-0001
       Office: +1 650 604 0526
       Mobile: +1 650 714 9742
       Line2:  +1 831 621 5023
       email: donald.v.sullivan at nasa.gov
       OR: yes_its_don at mac.com
- Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
"Scientists seek to understand what is, engineers seek to create what never was."
- Theodore Karman