[ESIP-all] BESSIG Panel Discussion: Science Policy for Scientists and Engineers, Wed, 10/10

Anne Wilson anne.wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
Wed Sep 26 12:15:43 EDT 2012

Hi ESIP,

Our October BESSIG meeting is shaping up to be quite interesting.  We'll
be holding a panel discussion, "Informing Science Policy: the role for
Scientists and Engineers".  Brian Wee, Steve Aulenbach, and I  invited
representatives from both government and science to meet to discuss this
topic.  We were fortunate to snag Alice Madden and Andy Schultheiss with
their government backgrounds, and Peter Backlund from UCAR and Dan Baker
from LASP to represent science in this panel.

More information is available here:
http://lasp.colorado.edu/galaxy/display/BESSIG/2012/09/12/BESSIG+Meeting+Wed%2C+Oct+10%2C+4+-+6%2C+NEON+HQ.
  This meeting will be available via Web Ex, details will be provided in
a subsequent reminder.

If you're around please join us!  Note that it will NOT be held at the
Outlook Hotel, but at NEON Headquarter.  NEON is hosting this meeting
and providing beverages.  Thank you, Brian and NEON!!

Hope to see you there!

Anne