[ESIP-all] temperature / precip data access?

Steve Ansari - NOAA Federal steve.ansari at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 27 14:09:39 EST 2012

Hello Annette,

Perhaps check out the Climate Data Online system at NCDC:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/#t=secondTabLink

The datasets include Annual and Monthly summaries, GHCN-Daily and more.
 Your search results will include 'Locations', which allow you to order
data for a particular county, state or zip code.  Mouse-over the 'help'
icon for a list of station and location search types.  Data can be
requested in a number of formats, including CSV text.

If you or anyone else needs programmatic access (for app development or
automated downloads), perhaps check out the NCDC Climate Data Online web
services:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/webservices
The services are RESTful and provide data in XML or CSV format.

I hope this helps.
Steve

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Annette Schloss
<annette.schloss at unh.edu>wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
>  I am looking for easy online access to historical and current daily or
> monthly temperature and precip data for the US.  Preferably site data, but
> gridded would be ok, too.   I am looking for web access that would be
> useable by citizens (so not big files like the GHCN ftp site), or iPhone or
> iPad app versions.  Any help is appreciated!
>
> many thanks,
> -Annette Schloss
>

> _____________________________
> Dr. Annette L. Schloss