[ESIP-all] FW: temperature / precip data access?

Stevens, Tyler B. (GSFC-610.2)[Wyle Information Systems, LLC] tyler.b.stevens at nasa.gov
Fri Nov 30 09:11:49 EST 2012

Hi Annette,

I know you have already received many replies from the ESIP community, but I would also like to offer up the Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) as a resource. The GCMD is a metadata directory where you can search, refine, and discover a broad range of Earth science data sets and services from both U.S. and international agencies.

Specifically for monthly temperature data sets, you can search and refine through the scientific keywords:
http://gcmd.nasa.gov/KeywordSearch/Keywords.do?Portal=nextgen&KeywordPath=Parameters|ATMOSPHERE|ATMOSPHERIC+TEMPERATURE&MetadataType=0&Columns=0

For precipitation data:
http://gcmd.nasa.gov/KeywordSearch/Keywords.do?Portal=nextgen&KeywordPath=Parameters|ATMOSPHERE|PRECIPITATION&MetadataType=0&Columns=0

The GCMD also offers data services, which are a directory of Earth science services, software, and model descriptions.
http://gcmd.nasa.gov/KeywordSearch/Keywords.do?Portal=nextgen&KeywordPath=ServiceParameters|Home&MetadataType=1

Thanks,

Tyler Stevens
Data Services (SERF) Coordinator
NASA's Global Change Master Directory (GCMD)
Wyle |  NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  |  Greenbelt, MD 20771 |
http://gcmd.nasa.gov/