[ESIP-all] [Science questions] Trying to use Daymet/ All set now!

Thornton, Michele M. thorntonmm at ornl.gov
Wed Nov 28 13:47:43 EST 2012

Hi Annette,

As the user interface to many of the Daymet technical questions, I am consistently pleased with the interest and variety of applications that this dataset provides.   I'm glad to hear that it's "exactly" what you were looking for.  I don't see THAT very often.  We have tried to be thoughtful in providing this dataset in a format and standard that is useful to researchers, educators, and students.  Bob Cook and our technical team at the ORNL DAAC saw the utility and had the know-how to include the Singe Pixel Extraction visualization which many have found very useful.  Your interests seem to have the possibility to take this to a level that we certainly did not anticipate.  That's very cool.  Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions that could further refine our data delivery.  Once again, I apologize for the technical glitch that you experienced yesterday.  They are rare and we try to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards,
Michele Thornton

Michele Thornton
Environmental Sciences Division